Monday, September 12, 2011

Blog 1 Food and Sleep Water

My entrepreneurial idea is about two beverages. One which helps you fall asleep  and one that helps you feel awake, and full. I created this idea because in college sometimes it is hard to fall asleep because your sleep schedule is messed up, and waking up early for classes makes you get less sleep as well.  A lot of people have trouble falling asleep in dorms as well so this would be good for that. The other drinks purpose is to give you energy and a meal all in one. This is a good idea because many times you miss meals in college, especially breakfast. So this beverage will help you feel energized and give you a meal that you can take anywhere. College students are always doing work so they miss meals and this can help that issue. The drinks will be all natural with no caffeine and no sleep aids, just herbal ingredients. I will call them Sleep Water and Food Water.

This idea relates to the content covered in class by I would use social media such as Twitter and Facebook to advertise for Food and Sleep Water.  It is a good marketing idea to use social media to advertise because so many people use it, so people will obviously see the advertisements. I can also use social media to network, and make my idea grow bigger. I can reach out to other people in the business world to help get investments, and continue advertising.

Social media can also help with customer service.We can see reviews and early warning signs of issues such as taste, or effectiveness. We can see whats wrong and correct it if there is a problem. Social media obviously can help tremendously with customer service and marketing and is essential to success in a entrepreneurship idea.

4 comments:

  1. I know that a lot of students have resorted to camomile tea to help them fall asleep, i am sure that there are other herbs and chemicals that can help someone fall asleep. I always felt like i was running from class to class and meals came whenever i could get them, so a product like that would help. I think for it to be really successful you should think about finding a way to integrate it into vending machines and perhaps instead of using money, it could count as a meal swipe. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Josh has a great idea on his hands, not only for a college atmosphere but for everyone in the world. His product will change the way people do work and fall asleep. People will not be tossing and turing in bed all night and will actually get enough real sleep to function properly in the morning. I also like the meal component to your drink. I for one miss meals and have to resort to the snack machine, which one does not satisfy me but two doesn't give me any of the nutritious that a balanced meal will give me. good luck on your product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your idea! As a student, i know these two problems you mentioned are the major problems among most students. If you could come up any idea to figure them out, that are great! We are hardly to sleep during night and we always miss meals during school days. By the way, could you tell me how much of one bottle of your water?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that your idea is great and could be a huge success on college campuses. So many people, including myself, can relate to the problems that your two beverage products would address. Your product is differentiated from others on the market because it is all natural and water based, which would be attractive to consumers who don't typically choose to consume energy drinks because there are so many unheard-of ingredients in them. You could even break up your idea into three products, one that makes you fall asleep, one that makes you alert, and one that makes you feel full, in case some of your users may just want to feel awake, but not full. Otherwise, great start!

    ReplyDelete